At the PCC meeting held on 15 May 2018 the PCC adopted the Church of England ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ Policy Statement. This policy statement actively underpins all safeguarding work within the church.
As members of the PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our community, and ensure that we will:
- Adopt and implement the House of Bishops’ safeguarding policy practice and guidance.
- Promote and publicise the ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ policy statement, and ensure all church officers have access to it.
- Have a plan in place that sets out, in line with national and local priorities, how the policy will be put into action.
- Ensure that any person who works with vulnerable groups is aware of and abides by national and local safeguarding guidance.
- Review the policy regularly to ensure best practice.
Our Parish Safeguarding Representative for Children and Vulnerable Adults and our DBS Identify Validator is:
Mrs Sally-Ann Ferris who can be contacted
via email@example.com / 02392 732786.
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub)
02392 688793 / 0845 671 0271
Out of Hours (emergency) 0300 555 1373